• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic
Basic viewDetailed view

Ranger PvP Guide

User is offline   Valdez 

• Poring
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Should consist of Best in Slot Equipment with what Cards I should use.

And if Possible a stat guide as well as some special tricks. Anything you know. Been trying to get into PvP lately.Don't know how.

User is offline   xPandax 

• Marin
  • PipPip
  • Interests:a lot ...
you should ask panaero
^^ thank you for the sig <3

[Note: Your sig was too large, please reduce the size of your sig].

User is offline   LollyPopz 

• Drops
  • Pip
  • Interests:Ragnarok Duh?
Ummmm Rangers with all the bonus dex/agi makes them ideal for rage locking their enemies, like not letting a prof cast stone curse, the problem with rangers tho is they miss a lot in PvP no matter what they do. U'll have to pick ur arrows wisely and with a little bit of luck they'll be wearing an ele that is a weakness to them. I suggest going SinX or Prof or Warlock, and using ur ranger to hunt for items for their PvP, but as for rangers....

I think this is what i would use, cause all the stuff in storage available to me maybe you'll find it good(always upgrade as high as you can as long as you can afford it)

Head~Top- Atk Vlak [Vanberk]
~Mid- Any +1 [gibbet for Mdef or any card that seems necessary]
~bot- Red butterfly Wings/bee wings/tiamat I would personally use tiamat but whatever
Garment- +7~+10 Wool Scarf/+4~+10 Diablos Mantle [Card: resist card]
Armor- I would use a slotted +3 dex tights refined at +4~+10 with elemental card (carry more than one armor with different card combos)
Foot- +4~+10Tidal/Diablos boots (diablo gives good hp/tidal split hp and sp)
Acsry- 2 gloves? zeroms?

GL dude i hope this reply wasn't trash

Stats I would do

dex 140~150 (Bow Dmg scaled)
str ~70 (amor weights etc.)
vit ~60(25k hp is always recommend in PvP)
luk ~50(recommended 50 crits and ATK bonuses; i sometimes will get 70 luk)
int 1~35 (not sure here i might get some but only cause of spells other than that i find em useless)
agi (Rest into here if not 193 apsd then instead of ATK valk i would go for aspd valk) <90~150> (all depends on your quips giving you 193 apsd or not)

This post has been edited by LollyPopz: 12 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image

LOLLY POP LOLLY POPZ

"A person who asks questions maybe a fool for moment, but a person who never asks a question is a fool forever"
-Chinese Proverb

"How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would CHUCK NORRIS!?!"
-Seen on HuskyStarcraft

User is offline   Gay 

• Insert Penis Here
  • Group: Permabanned
you should ask panaero.....BEST RANGER IN eRO EVER!

but meh w/e
rangers arent that weak in pvp, proper gears, arrows and stat is all you need and ofc fast swapping

i think double strafe type is best in pvp, phantism arrow pierces pnuema and pushbacks enemy, use it to remove the target from pnuema and spam DS, for players w/o the skill pnuema, use charge arrow to push them back far away from there attack range and spam DS

FA isnt that bad either, though its useless against ppl with dev and gr

armor differs depending on your enemy

i recommend you use elemental resist rather than MDEF,and always carry resist pots and swaps

-dex/atk valk (with either water,wind resist ....sorry forgot which card it is, its been almost a year since i last played) also carry panacea or marduk card
-sloted mid gear with elemental resist card (make sure to balance your resist,make up for the weakness of the armor you are wearing, remember enemy CAN change attack elements
-angel wings,elemental wings swaps
-compo with 3 hydra 1 skel
-refined tights with marc/ED and carry elemental armor swaps with marc, i recommend you carry 2x elemental armor swap,(either fire&wind or water&earth
-diablos mant and shoes combo with raydric card or tidal combo with uh.....forgot the 10% hp on shoes and bring resist swaps on mant, when fighting magic users
-linen glove with smokie or horong card and uh......idk? LOL

i also advice getting good amount of vit for stun or carry stun proof gear (valk armor+gemini card+stalactic golem)
carry pots (whites and grape juice,not as heavy as blue pots, since weight limit for ranger is very low)
when you see an un-buff sinx, wear ED, they mostly use enchant poison, if it still hits you hard,swap to another type

thats all i know, sorry i dont main ranger

IT WILL BE GOOD TO ASK PANAERO
carry green pots for poison status
traps will help (ankle snare+ charge arrow+ DS spam)

@lolipop

going for full attack gears in pvp is a bad idea, its useless if you die in 2 hits
elemental resist, neutral redux and demi human resist is more suited and some PD (perfect dodge), to survive, pushing enemy backwars using charge arrow and phantism arrow will also buy you time to use pots,swap and deal damage (double strafe)

ah,forgot, get some good amount of int for pally, can be use for FA or blast mine traps, if i could remember correctly, rangers have 2x exploding traps with different elements blast mine and forgot the other, its good for pally,
some tips when fighting pally using rangers
use Sleep,frozen, traps and wear armor which can do stone cursed, once the pally stops moving, lay traps 3 cells away from the pally, keep on laying traps ON THE SAME SPOT and when you think its good enough to kill the pally, use magnum break (marine sphere card) to push the traps towards the enemy, the trap damage will be added in one blow that can kill pally or players that is hit, if you have nice amount of int and trap lvl

This post has been edited by Gay: 09 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

User is offline   john11370 

• Poring
  • Pip
Don't try sniper unless you have Bow of Evil, otherwise dps output is way too low for a char that relies on having a higher dps output than all jobs other than GS. (Your DS (NOT AUTOATTACK) range outranges even GS when coming in from a diagonal due to a bad scripting or something).
Focus on ds, shoot people out with phantasmic. Also, phantasmic has shorter range than charge arrow so it's a good idea to use charge arrow on everything else.
When you FA, swap to shield and CK.
You want to have a status bow handy.
Detecting is generally a bad skill because the aftercast delay is long enough for the enemy to go back into hiding/cloaking. Rather than wasting time using detecting plant traps and arrow shower shit.
Traps can be pushed with more control using arrow shower as magnum break requires proximity to the trap as well as directional influence is determined by your own position rather than your arrow shower's position. Most traps have 3x3 radius and move 2 spaces. Blast and claymore move 4 spaces. For some reason only land mine has a 1x1 radius. Ankle snare doesn't move.
Use traps in whatever clever way you want, its all up to experimenting what works.
Flee build is good for countering many jobs (lk, sometimes gs, ws, sinx, TSS champ.) PD build is good for fighting jobs that have skills you can't dodge (bc of mechanics or just hit rate) but can pd (pally, SBK sinx, Asura, kunai ninjurs, other snipers, most gs). Vit build works best with Freya set (1.5x survivable while sacrificing only around 20% or your dps.) FA/trap build is ok, its kind of lazy mode.

Stats ought to be determined by your build: flee - high agi, high dex, med vit, no luk, med low int, low str
pd - med high agi, high dex, med vit, med luk, low int, low str
freya/vit - med high agi, high dex, med high vit, no luk, med low int, low str
FA - med low agi, high dex, med high vit, no luk, high int, low str

Marc/ED card is mainly for against mage classes and the people w/ garm or people with gimmicky builds that utilize statusing -> some really strong skill w/ elements. Otherwise use stuff like demon pungus, rybio, sasquatch, dark frame.
Nightmare is necessary unless you are in FA build bc your high int will null sleep.
Smokie is necessary. Horong is actually necessary even though you have detecting.
Elemental armor is necessary. Elemental resist is meh, but you should still be using ele resist pots.
Tiamats = best, sometimes you want to use RDW
DWE is the best mid but robo eyes[0] is sometimes useful for getting that last dex for interval of 10 while getting nearly the same atk bonus that DWE gives, just w/o a card slot.
Archer figure, CEB or Bow thimble are best acc.
Just use dboots/variant. ES/RBSB combo makes you too squishy and only give around 15% more dmg.
Vmant/dmant/skin of ventus based on your build.
VA/R.Tights/Sniping Suit based on your build.

For most people, all you will need to do is kite/keep distance while spamming your ds.

The main thing that differentiates the good from the bad is the usage of traps imo.

User is offline   REALNIGGAROLLCALL 

• Drops
  • Pip
  • Interests:drink
@john

lol..the bow of evil doesnt exist before lik 2009..i use composite bow and its GOD..LOL..it depends in the card what you put in and the stats and gears

WAIT WHAT?? PANAERO? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..FUCK THAT..LOL..

(to be honest..nowadays snipers and rangers are so FUCKING BAD AT PVP)

to be honest..RDW DOESNT HELP A LOT IN SNIPER..

This post has been edited by REALNIGGAROLLCALL: 18 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

User is offline   Gay 

• Insert Penis Here

View PostREALNIGGAROLLCALL, on 18 March 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

WAIT WHAT?? PANAERO? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..FUCK THAT..LOL..

(to be honest..nowadays snipers and rangers are so FUCKING BAD AT PVP)

the only GODLY ranger in PVP is PANAERO

and yeah eivan, nice career in japan, hope you got enough radiation to get cancer

• Drops
  • Pip
@gay

ILL BE YOUR JAPAN IF YOU BE MY EARTHQUAKE ROCK MY BODY CUM LIEK TSUNAMI..HAUAEHAEUAEHAU

UHMM..I SMELL...YOUR RYAN..!! AKA SMILEY??

I LOVE TO GET RADIATION..CAUSE I REMEMBER THE MOVIE NAME GODZILLA..THE LIZARD GOT RADIATION AND BECAME GODZILLA..

SO IF I GET RADIATION..I WILL BECAME HULK..LOL XD

This post has been edited by REALNIGGAROLLCALL: 19 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

User is offline   Gay 

• Insert Penis Here

View PostREALNIGGAROLLCALL, on 19 March 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

@gay

ILL BE YOUR JAPAN IF YOU BE MY EARTHQUAKE ROCK MY BODY CUM LIEK TSUNAMI..HAUAEHAEUAEHAU

UHMM..I SMELL...YOUR RYAN..!! AKA SMILEY??

I LOVE TO GET RADIATION..CAUSE I REMEMBER THE MOVIE NAME GODZILLA..THE LIZARD GOT RADIATION AND BECAME GODZILLA..

SO IF I GET RADIATION..I WILL BECAME HULK..LOL XD

pick up line fail.....BOOOOOM!
and LOL wut? how em i ryan? that foqin pinoy
get radiation = turn your skin into pink, and grow a penis in your forehead
Posted Image

• Drops
  • Pip
what the fuck are you saying about PICK UP LINES? lawl..

lol ryan isnt pinoy..

User is offline   Gay 

• Insert Penis Here

View PostREALNIGGAROLLCALL, on 20 March 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

lol ryan isnt pinoy..

theres like.....999999999 ryans on this server

User is offline   MasterRanger21 

• Poring
  • Pip

john11370, on 14 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Don't try sniper unless you have Bow of Evil, otherwise dps output is way too low for a char that relies on having a higher dps output than all jobs other than GS. (Your DS (NOT AUTOATTACK) range outranges even GS when coming in from a diagonal due to a bad scripting or something).
Focus on ds, shoot people out with phantasmic. Also, phantasmic has shorter range than charge arrow so it's a good idea to use charge arrow on everything else.
When you FA, swap to shield and CK.
You want to have a status bow handy.
Detecting is generally a bad skill because the aftercast delay is long enough for the enemy to go back into hiding/cloaking. Rather than wasting time using detecting plant traps and arrow shower shit.
Traps can be pushed with more control using arrow shower as magnum break requires proximity to the trap as well as directional influence is determined by your own position rather than your arrow shower's position. Most traps have 3x3 radius and move 2 spaces. Blast and claymore move 4 spaces. For some reason only land mine has a 1x1 radius. Ankle snare doesn't move.
Use traps in whatever clever way you want, its all up to experimenting what works.
Flee build is good for countering many jobs (lk, sometimes gs, ws, sinx, TSS champ.) PD build is good for fighting jobs that have skills you can't dodge (bc of mechanics or just hit rate) but can pd (pally, SBK sinx, Asura, kunai ninjurs, other snipers, most gs). Vit build works best with Freya set (1.5x survivable while sacrificing only around 20% or your dps.) FA/trap build is ok, its kind of lazy mode.

Stats ought to be determined by your build: flee - high agi, high dex, med vit, no luk, med low int, low str
pd - med high agi, high dex, med vit, med luk, low int, low str
freya/vit - med high agi, high dex, med high vit, no luk, med low int, low str
FA - med low agi, high dex, med high vit, no luk, high int, low str

Marc/ED card is mainly for against mage classes and the people w/ garm or people with gimmicky builds that utilize statusing -> some really strong skill w/ elements. Otherwise use stuff like demon pungus, rybio, sasquatch, dark frame.
Nightmare is necessary unless you are in FA build bc your high int will null sleep.
Smokie is necessary. Horong is actually necessary even though you have detecting.
Elemental armor is necessary. Elemental resist is meh, but you should still be using ele resist pots.
Tiamats = best, sometimes you want to use RDW
DWE is the best mid but robo eyes[0] is sometimes useful for getting that last dex for interval of 10 while getting nearly the same atk bonus that DWE gives, just w/o a card slot.
Archer figure, CEB or Bow thimble are best acc.
Just use dboots/variant. ES/RBSB combo makes you too squishy and only give around 15% more dmg.
Vmant/dmant/skin of ventus based on your build.
VA/R.Tights/Sniping Suit based on your build.

For most people, all you will need to do is kite/keep distance while spamming your ds.

The main thing that differentiates the good from the bad is the usage of traps imo.

hi! I have one question and its out of topic. My ranger have 100 dex and my AS miss when I used it against doppleganger and biolab 3 monster(sniper, ebecee). How did that happen? can you tell me how to fix that?

User is offline   Gay 

• Insert Penis Here

MasterRanger21, on 28 October 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

hi! I have one question and its out of topic. My ranger have 100 dex and my AS miss when I used it against doppleganger and biolab 3 monster(sniper, ebecee). How did that happen? can you tell me how to fix that?

your hit is too low, and dont use arrow shower, use sharp shooting, deals more damage,also maybe becoz of your arrow element

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Close  Member Login