EssenceRO Forums: Complete newbie seeking advice for a Monk -> Sura build - EssenceRO Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic
Basic viewDetailed view

Complete newbie seeking advice for a Monk -> Sura build I haven't played RO in years.

User is offline   Danbooru 

• Poring
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Hello,

I'm looking to burn some time and decided to hop back into RO since there hasn't been anything interesting going on in the online gaming industry.

I wanted to try making a Sura, but after thoroughly reading through what available resources and guides are available in this forum, I haven't been able to find a simple enough route to follow.
I made an Acolyte earlier today and followed the basic leveling guide here: http://forums.essenc...leveling-spots/ But then after level 50-70, it assumes I job changed to priest instead of Monk.

(Just to clarify, I do need to be a Monk first before I can become a Sura, right? Or you can pick either or?)

Now that I'm a Monk, I'm not sure how to build my character at all. If it helps, the type of gameplay I'm looking for is just straight up PvM. I don't want to try PvP until I'm a bit more confident with just the game in general.

And if possible, I'd like to use knuckles or fisticuff-type weaponry.

Along with that, I can't seem to find any vendor NPCs that sell armor or weapons for a Monk. Or rather, I simply do not know where to look. Currently I have nothing equipped, so I'm quite certain that is nerfing my grinding abilities in more ways than one.

Thanks for any help and guidance that you can provide.

User is offline   Rensa 

• Drops
  • Pip
I can answer some of your questions, but I'm no expert on the class:

Firstly, yes, Sura, is the third job for monks. You can technically change from monk straight to sura at L99, but you'd lose out on a lot, so the path you should use instead is novice -> acolyte -> monk -> rebirth -> high novice -> high aco -> champion-> sura.

Levelling as a monk shouldn't be too hard. For early job levels, you can healbomb like an aco. I then used combo build to hit L100. Get enough dex for 102 hit, agi for 152 flee, and put the rest in str. Get triple attack, and level 5 chain combo. Just whack teddyrings (mosk_fild02) until triple attack triggers, then spam chain combo until it dies. Repeat until rebirth.

After rebirth, it's strongly advised to get to job level 70 as a high aco before becoming a champion. Anubis may help with this, especially if you can get a tank to help. You can then repeat the combo-teddyrings strategy once you're a champ, but I can't advise you on how to level after 90-100 or so, since mine hasn't got any further yet...

Edit: Oh, as for equips, I did fine so far with somewhat basic stuff. You can buy a weapon from 'one hand weapon master', in the top-left building in old payon. Later you'd want better stuff (like elemental or carded weapons), but for now those should do.

This post has been edited by Rensa: 25 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

User is offline   KamNivlek 

• Poporing
  • PipPip
Continuing from the previous poster, you can do:
110~140 Skelings
140~170 Morroc Shadows
155~170 Bio lab 4

Once you turn sura, your leveling gets so much easier. Grab a Barrage Fist[4], and slot it accordingly to what you're killing. (The santa porings in your skeling fist help out when you're killing morroc shadows too!)

Gentle touch - change and Rising Dragon are your two main buffs as a sura. Get them, turn into a killing machine, and go crazy.

User is offline   CiniaPacifica 

• Leader of Academy Faction [SwordGirls]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Myself
if you feelin it still hard for ya... you can also try using dex ashura build and ashura-run those bios... well... dont do this for cyntia Vantess (the proff one) since she's ghost
Currently Fly to sector 1337
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Perfect Blend of Wit and Beauty. A Master of the Arts, both literary and Martial. The only person this could describe is Cinia Pacifica

Spoiler

User is offline   Rainy 

• Honey Bear
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, doodling, eating, procrastinating, intaking useless information.
I did 1-110 anubis
110-170 morroc shadow

doesn't take long and I was leeching another char too :3
Posted Image

User is offline   Danbooru 

• Poring
  • Pip
Thanks for the replies so far! Just a quick question - Where may I get a Barrage Fist?

edit: Also, it feels like SP is a big issue for me right now. How do you manage your SP's rate of depletion while spamming skills? Or do you just stock up on pots?

This post has been edited by Danbooru: 28 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

User is offline   CiniaPacifica 

• Leader of Academy Faction [SwordGirls]
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Myself

View PostDanbooru, on 28 January 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies so far! Just a quick question - Where may I get a Barrage Fist?

edit: Also, it feels like SP is a big issue for me right now. How do you manage your SP's rate of depletion while spamming skills? Or do you just stock up on pots?

most easiest way to get barrage fist is farm it from roween... there's still better drops mobs around, just they arent easy to farmed...

and yea... monk SP regeneration isnt that good, ussualy we rely on proffesor soul change or use comsumable (blu pot or box)...or the slower way, by absorbing our own spirit sphere (cast Spirit sphere then absorb, do this again and again till you got enuf sp / almost full)

especialy when a monk type under fury / critical explosion state, their SP regeneration disabled except they got monk spirit link... and the renegeration stay disabled around 30sec after ashura strike tho
Currently Fly to sector 1337
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Perfect Blend of Wit and Beauty. A Master of the Arts, both literary and Martial. The only person this could describe is Cinia Pacifica

Spoiler

User is offline   KamNivlek 

• Poporing
  • PipPip
You can buy a bunch of grape juice and carry some around, they're relatively cheap (250z, 169z with discount.)
Also, once you turn sura, rising dragon gives you 15 spheres, so instead of using 25 SP to heal 50, you use 25 SP to heal 150. Gets much easier that way.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Close  Member Login