Basic viewDetailed view

Aryafortis Homunculus AI Final Update. August 10, 2011

User is offline   Aryafortis 

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Aryafortis Homunculus AI

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Aryafortis here, Im a guy who's quite dedicated to the Alchemist class and decided to form an AI that would try to exceed the performances of other AIs, with my lack of knowledge in coding I just tinkered with different AIs such as mirAI, rampageAI, aether AI and more which gave birth to this AI I am giving to you exclusively here for essenceRO. This project is really a big thing for me, so I hope you guys will enjoy what I can offer.

FEATURES

o Proper autocast of buff skills (Emergency Avoid, Fleet Move, Overspeed, Defense). The problem with MirAI is that they only cast their buff skills when they attack, with this AI they autocast even on idle, and they recast their buff skills once the delay is over.

o Moving your homunculus using ALT RIGHT CLICK into a specific spot would make them stay there until you move 12 cells away from it (this works only if there are no monsters attacking you, only the homunculus or if you set your homunculus into passive mode). The problem with mirAI is that it makes the homunculi so squirmy and they wont stay put in one area. This helps such as Amistr (or any other homunculi) staying on one spot while you sphere mine mobs hitting them. Or Lif, making it stay in one spot while it heals you while you are attacking enemies (Such as you killing skelings while you get healed, you can put Lif in one area so it doesn't get hit by skeling's Grand Cross of Darkness)

o Continuous attacking, sometimes mirAI has problems wherein your homunculi stops attacking. I changed something with the AI wherein they shall attack until the target dies. (Normal attacks and Skills)

o 3 Types of attack behaviour, Attack Aggressively, Never Attack, React when attacked (this also initiates attack if the Alchemist/Creator attacks first.. useful for tanking)

It still has the basics of the other AI such as circling on idle etc.

INSTALLATION

Aryafortis AI v 1.5 with Mercenary Support (Updated August 18,2013)

Step 1: Open your RO folder, inside it you shall find another folder called AI. Open this folder

Posted Image

Step 2: Inside this folder, you can find another folder called USER_AI, DELETE this old one. Download AryafortisAI from the link provided, and inside the zip contains another USER_AI Folder, place this in the AI folder.

Posted Image

Step 3: In game, type /hoai and make sure it says that it's activated with the USER_AI, summon your homunculus and enjoy the AI!

Posted Image

CONTENTS

The USER_AI has 3 contents inside: the User Settings folder, Coding Folder, and AI Lua.
The only folder you will be using is the User Settings Folder (NEVER edit the coding or ai lua or else it shall screw up the AI), there are two files inside the User Settings folder: Behaviour, and Monsters.. this is THE ONLY thing you would edit

Behaviour:
This is where you could find Priority Settings, Battle settings, Patrol Settings, and Homunculus Settings

Monsters:
This is where you edit how your homunculus responds towards a monster. (Aggressive to all monsters by default.)

These files can be edited in a Notepad program, so just read up on these because there are guide questions inside on how you want your homunculus to behave.

FRIEND SYSTEM

The Friend system is a new feature that allows your Homunculus to add people on a friend list, with this the Homunculus can check whether it needs to help a friend or not. (Go attack the monster that hurts your friend)

How to register/delete people

Posted Image

Step 1: Summon your homunculus, and let your friend stand near you.
Step 2: Press ALT right click on the cell your friend stands on, your homunculus would go to them and this should register them as a friend.
Step 3: Rest them.

To delete them just repeat the same steps above

This way it recognizes them in the friends list and will help your friend in case they are getting attacked. To delete them on the list just repeat the same steps above, to make sure that you have added someone successfully in your friends list, look for AI Friends.lua in the coding folder. By default it should be empty, numbers would appear if you registered someone it will be blank again if you will delete them.

Posted Image

Fig 1: There is no one in the friends list or they have been deleted
Fig 2: There is one person in the friends list

I hope you guys enjoy the features of this AI, and I wish I can still help those out there :)

CHANGELOG

Click on The spoiler tag below

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Aryafortis: 18 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAryafortis Homunculus AI
Amazing Signature by Sigurdr

User is offline   Alco 

• Whoa I got three squares
  • PipPip
  • Interests:I'm not interesting. Trust me.
Sadly this would be completely out of my range... However, all the faulty workings of MirAI you have pointed out prove to be serious problems when using my Creator. God knows it's hell when an Amistr who's mobbing about 24 Ice Titans stops attacking, runs right next to you, and begins attacking again all on it's own. Especially since I use marine spheres to kill them all.

I would love to use this if it's as effective as you describe, some Biochemists rely heavily upon Homunculus to level, one being myself.
Bye bye Essence!

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
Actually, this AI is already functional... to get a hang of changing its behaviour, I need to create a guide on how to edit the user settings. Since you have to edit this in notepad, which is actually quite easy since its like a true or false thing or numbering.... Would you like me to create a user guide?

User is offline   Alco 

• PipPip
Well yes of course. XD It seems like it'd really help with the little buggy things about my homunculus that tip me off the edge, like it's occasional pauses when following the Biochemist, inability to remain staid on one cell for too long, and so on and so forth... If it's just editing values in notepad, it shouldn't be too complex right?
Bye bye Essence!

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
Alright.. i shall make the guide tomorrow... As of the moment its 1 19 am.. im sleepy..., I shall host the AI by then as well

User is offline   Alco 

• PipPip
Sweeeeeeet, can't wait to give it a test run. 8]
Bye bye Essence!

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
Aryafortis AI now open for testing /no1

User is offline   Udit 

• Angeling
  • PipPipPipPip
m gonna use it and test and if i find smthing weird i will let u know

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
The only common problem I get is that when you move, and your homunculus follows you. It sometimes stays in 1 position,(this is also prevalent in all AIs and can happen when attacking), simple solution is to press ALT T twice.

But if you do see any problems, fire em up =D

User is offline   Alco 

• PipPip
Great it's finally out. I've been wanting to try it since you stirred my curiosity. I gave it about an hour long run and to be perfectly honest, it really really impressed me, this served the way I level a lot better than MirAI, but still at the same time there were a few things, only a few that weren't as on par.

PROS:

-New Homunculus walk pattern around the Biochemist when idle. (MirAI does the same walk pattern for everyone so having something new makes me feel unique. XD)

-Constant recasting of self buffs when ready (This is one I like especially, because MirAI only casted buffs when in battle mode and when priority showed, this does it regularly to maintain it, and due to Homunculus SP not being an issue, it's a godsend.)

-Farther Range of distance when in battle from the Biochemist. (You know as well as I do that MirAI is famous for fighting a monster, and when the Biochemist walks just a couple cells away from the Homunculus in battle, it forgets it's opponent and follows you, even if you were casting plants or Spheres. You increased that range significantly however, and to me, that's a problem I never have to worry about anymore!)

-No pauses in following the Biochemist. (THANK GOD)

-No pauses after killing a monster and switching to a new one to attack. (Homunculus with MirAI sometimes would KO a monster, wait about a second or two, and then attack the next one, you erased that completely, which is good.)

-Easy to understand instructions with inputting values on Aryafortis AI. (This is good for people like me. -.-)

CONS:

-Amistr automatically casts Blood Lust when it cools down. (Although it's good they recast buffs, this one particular buff is risky because at the same time that he's tripling HP, he looses way too much defense... It's sorta like an Rune Knights berserk in a way, which should only be used at last resort when it's HP is low, since it fully restores it.)

-Homunculus now target marine spheres you create. (When your homunculus is attacking mobs, or tanking, and you summon a marine sphere to use, it automatically targets the sphere once the Biochemist hits the sphere to send it flying, and we all know that can completely wreck a strategy.)

THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE IN THE FUTURE WOW!

-Didn't you say you had a way to make the homunculus stay on one cell without moving at all? I want to try that. XD

-I'd actually like to see Amistr automatically cast Blood Lust when it's around 5% HP. Blood Lust triples HP, fully restores it, and increases his attack power, just like Rune Knights berserk skill... I'd like to see him autocast it when his HP is low because it would save the time of always having to glance back and see at the same time of setting up your offense, it'd really be kickass if you could somehow implement this...

That's all for now, I'll post anything else I find! But really, this is quite an AI, beats MirAI hands down in my opinion, the only few problems it had seemed like they could easily be fixed with a little tweaking, Kudos to you, I feel kinda exclusive since I'm one of the first testers of this. Mention me in your speech when you become famous. XD
Bye bye Essence!

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
Thanks for reviewing! Alright, I checked the problems that you had and here are some things you should do to fix it.

1. I forgot to include the Marine Sphere in the tact list, open your Monsters.lua file and paste this in:

Tact[1142] = {2, 10, 0, 0, 0} -- Marine Sphere

2. Also regarding Blood Lust, you can simply turn the skill off. Open up the Behaviour lua, and in the Amistr Settings.. Look for Blood Lust. It says there that it uses level 3... replace it with -1 and it shall stop using bloodlust.

Basically you can do it with any skills... in the Behaviour.lua, along the homunculus settings... its written there... the skill levels they use. If you just place -1 they will stop using it.. simple as that.

3. Regarding the positioning in 1 cell... You can do that by just pressing ALT-T (which makes the homunculus passive, meaning it wont attack) then ALT RIGHT CLICK a certain cell... then it shall stay there. Go try it out. So I guess that solves all of your problems right? Your homunculus is likely to return to you if it finishes its opponent off, or if you are being attacked by a monster. Since it tries to save you... But the ALT RIGHT CLICK thing works... Tell me any specifics that you are inquiring about it and I'd be glad to reply

NOTE: Regarding Amistr using Bloodlust during a certain HP%.. I can't get it to work. Because the AI really detects the owner's hp primarily before using a skill... Even with Chaotic Benediction.... it can't work.... q.q I'm sorry

This post has been edited by zeldapeach: 05 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

User is offline   Karasu 

• Marin
  • PipPip
Great job. Finish up some more kinks. Ill come back to download it when i get back on my main computer.
Characters :
Karasu Minamimoto - Gunslinger : : Raven Takahashi - Assasin Cross : : Faust XIII - Creator : : Infinite Law - Star Gladiator
Infinite Misery - Lord/Rune Knight

Scum.

Read my fiction Destiny Defied.

User is offline   Gunlover 

• Mastering
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:umm i like youtube.<br />why lvling a shadow chaser is faster than a creator,,,
mine spams over speed when i somon him now and i get AI errors
time to d some hardcore mvping.
Kiel card <ive given up...
young twig/ fairy wings
2 expert rings [got em~]
Noxious card[fck yes hunted one down !]
a +7-10 odins blessing
General Egnigem Cenia Card [XD i know its crazy but i want one.]
B> death ledger.and valk manteau.
[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅1̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

• Homuncululz
  • PipPipPipPip
Overspeed... its something with Essence, since Overspeed has no delay, it shall spam it over and over.. Hold on let me take a look.

EDIT:

It doesn't seem to have a problem with my Filir... it really is just Essence, since mine did that before too... it can't recognize the aftercast delay at times so it keeps on spamming the skill. Try relogging OR in your behaviour lua, Find the filir settings and type -5 in the fleeting area.

And what kind of AI errors are you getting?

I guess my next update would be:

> Fixing marine sphere attacking
> Renaming of Skills * Apparently the skill names are in a different type e.g Touch of heal vs Healing Hands
> Turning off Blood Lust by default
> a READ me txt to serve as a guide

This post has been edited by zeldapeach: 05 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

User is offline   Udit 

• Angeling
  • PipPipPipPip
found another problem

If u put ur homu to rest and as soon as u take them out again they randomly attk anyone they see

User is offline   Aenthin 

• My hair is pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Contributor
Sweet. Now I have an awesome AI for my Amistr during WoE.

What I want to see:
1. Option to cast buff skills only while attacking (MirAI style)
2. Option to add delay before reusing skills

Reasons:
1. It gets somewhat annoying if you're just AFK in town and it casts buffs. Sure, there's /hoai but...
2. This could be a possible fix for the Filir Overspeed spam rate.

This post has been edited by aEnThIn: 06 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

User is offline   Smettbo 

• Poporing
  • PipPip
A few things...

-Nice, getting Chaotic Benediction to work with AI. :D

-My Vanilmirth doesn't patrol no matter what health it's at. I don't know why, but it's a minor issue.

-It would be nice if there was an option for the homunc to behave "in-between" aggressive and react when attacked. Meaning, if the homunc is attacking one monster and I attack another, I'd like the homunc to change targets and attack what I'm attacking. It doesn't seem to do that right now.

-I like the instructions you included in the text files. Very intuitive.

-I know this is minor and very lame, but when I first loaded this AI up I was a pretty paranoid that my Vanilmirth would go Bioexplode the first enemy it saw. Thank you for making this not happen.

Overall, it seems to be a great improvement over MirAI.

This post has been edited by Schillok: 06 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

DO NOT GET RID OF THIS TILL TOMORROW. THATS MEAN. - Gigawatt

• My hair is pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Mine patrols correctly. I think it's because you turned Sniper Mode on which overrides the patrol option.

User is offline   Smettbo 

• Poporing
  • PipPip
Ah, that would be it. I think MirAI did the same thing, I should have known better.
Posted Image

DO NOT GET RID OF THIS TILL TOMORROW. THATS MEAN. - Gigawatt

• My hair is pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Oh yeah. Speaking of SniperMode, I realized that it always moves beside you when you move but not when you order it to move. There should be an option for a maximum distance of the homunculus before it can move back to you. It kinda defeats the purpose of pushing your homunculus aside only to find out it would follow you back as you lure monsters nearby.

Also, apparently I can read and edit scripts (I was able to fix this myself) but not make them from scratch. *laugh*
Edit: For those of you who are curious how I did it though.

1. Open Processor.txt
2. Search for "if SniperMode then"

if SniperMode then
			if HoldPos == 0 then
				if (GetDistanceFromOwner(MyID) >= 1) then

3. Edit:

if (GetDistanceFromOwner(MyID) >= VARIABLE) then

VARIABLE = Desired number of cells. Max = 15

This post has been edited by aEnThIn: 06 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages) +
  • Last »