• You cannot reply to this topic
Basic viewDetailed view

Leveling a Star Gladiator Fastest Possible Method Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

User is offline   Penance 

• lalalala
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Maboroshi's SG Leveling Guide

Ok so, from what I've read on the forums, everyone wants to make an SG and there are a fuckload of fail guides out there so I'm making one
and I hope to never see any stupid SGs in Skelings. Ever.

First and foremost, I want to assure that if this is your first character, start over. Don't start with an SG because they are VERY money heavy and hard to survive with even for basic hunting so don't make an SG as your first character, make a GS or Sniper.

Secondly, contrary to popular belief, it is NOT expensive at ALL to be leveling at Thor's and it is actually quite simple, although I must reiterate you need to be able to fund yourself with a ranged DPS alt.

Third, this guide will be much easier to follow if you have friends who are willing to tank you and provide you with external buffs (Assumptio and Union are key early on).

So without further ado, the guide.

Part One: The Early Levels (As a Taekwon)

Ok, so you really have two options here.

One is if you have friends willing to tank you at Anubis, you're golden. Buy yourself leaves, stat all INT and /ns and you're good to go. Make sure your Priest tank buddy has Suffragium and Gloria, which will expedite this phase by a lot. Stay at Anubis until you have enough Job Points for maxed Warm Wind, Flying Side Kick, Counter Kick, Running, High Jump, Whirlwind Kick and the two respective preparation stances.

Second is if you're actually going to level the real way, start from Cowrings till you get a Cowring Hat and decent amounts of zeny (roughly 20-30k from selling loot). Afterwards, head down to pay_dun00 and kill everything in sight. This should last you good exp till around level 30-40 in which case you can either go to the second level of Toy Factory (if you are willing to blow lots of $$ on pots) or go to Bibilian Dungeon levels 1-2 to hopefully pull some Vadon Cards out of it. Toy Factory should still in the end give you enough leveling power to get the jobs as previously stated and get you to SG. Lucky Candies will help immensely. Use Buffaho AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

Part Two: The Mid-Phase (Early SG)

You can probably move down to lower levels of the Payon and Bibilan dungeons to level up to start off but the key point here are the job levels, so Leaf Cats might not be a bad idea either. Your goal is to get Hatred Level 3, Feeling Level 3 (Feeling level doesn't really matter but just to be safe), Anger of the Stars and Warmth of the Stars. There are probably other skills I left out but these should be the essential ones. Your SG should be on pause now, because you are seriously going to need some gear for the next step or you will die miserably and get frustrated.

Part Three: Required Gear for Leveling

Ok so lets look at where we're leveling next and what kind of gear we'll need. We're planning on leveling at Kasas, so the Vadons you hunted earlier will help a lot, and maybe if you took some time to hunt Peco Peco Egg cards that's good too. If you're rich you can use AKs but this guide is for the poorer population in getting started. They're Formless and Boss so if you're not rich, no biggie, Penomena card will serve you well, no Alice really needed. They cast a lot of painful Fire spells (namely Fire Ball) so a Pasana or Swordfish armor is recommended here.
Lastly, they also Spiral Pierce for a painful amount and it will most likely 1 shot you until you're around 100-110. Get Raydric and possibly Angel Wings if you have them. So to sum up the gear needed:

Book[3] (can buy this at OP item vender) with Vadon/Vadon/Peco Peco Egg (or PPE/PPE/Vadon).
Any armor with Pasana/Swordfish
Any garment with Raydric
Any shield (preferrably Valkyrie) with Penomena or Alice.

Part Four: The Trek

Ok, so this phase will literally last from levels 70ish-160, but since you're a non-Trans class this will be a cakewalk and not much of a grind. When you first start off you'll need as much STR as you can to actually hurt the Kasas and a good amount of Vit. Make sure to set feelings on thorv_01. The strategy here is basically to Hatred a Kasa, FSK onto one and turn on Warmth with Warm Wind 3 (Water endow). Your damage will start of kind of slow, and it will sort of suck without Union or Priest buffs, but after you kill the first one, you'll get a feel for it and it shouldn't be too hard, and I recommend potting. A key thought here is that YOU MUST BE PATIENT as the first 30 levels are pretty rough to survive. As you level put more points into STR -> VIT -> DEX respectively. If you have a Priest tank, this becomes a LOT easier. Union is almost required here for decent damage, so if you can double client, get a Linker. Once you ding 160, you should have made around 5-6m from NPCing loot and you can make another 5-6m from selling +10 Staves of Piercing. The overall time to take is around 2 hours for someone decently geared and 4-5 for someone not so well geared.

Best of luck!

Leave comments please.

This post has been edited by Maboroshi: 15 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

Rank 2 HPriest. Ok, something needs to change.

User is offline   Snoop 

• I r nub
  • PipPipPip
Pretty leet guide David, i was helping Tiney in like the top right room in thor_v01 and there were 4 instant spawning Kasa's.. Once she got to 152 we killed a phre and kiel and she was maxed! It was fun. xP
Posted Image

User is offline   Citherna 

• Mastering
  • PipPipPip
Hmm... I basically did this: if you get your boss-hunting gear ready before you level too high, you'll massacre Skeggiolds at Odin_Tem03 with basically no problems at all. Having Job Level 90 prior to this point helps though. I wonder if this is > or < Kasa?
Goddess Luna - 99
Easy SA ftw! (Though I'm taking a break for a little to level my other characters):

FrenchBabe Camilly (I'm not French QQ) - 170/90 - Star Gladiator
Annisha - Warlock

Luck wins!

Posted Image

User is offline   Penance 

• lalalala
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
That would be after Kasas. Skeggs are much harder to tank than Kasas (minus Spiral Pierce) but if you're geared enough for boss hunting, I would still recommend Kasas over Skeggs solely due to the ease of killing (290k+ HP vs 80k+), the spawn rate and and map size. Hope that helps.
Rank 2 HPriest. Ok, something needs to change.

User is offline   Rainy 

• Honey Bear
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, doodling, eating, procrastinating, intaking useless information.
@.@ oops mispost.

This post has been edited by Rainy: 12 November 2009 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

User is offline   Diana 

• Drops
  • Pip
I found odin_tem03 to be a fast source of EXP 150+. you can solo or bring a healer. use level 5, 6, and 7 warm wind for the plasmas, poring-like monsters, and ferus respectively, memorize the map as sun, moon, and stars, and hopefully get miracle.

. J . U . N . I . E .

{{ A Juniebug // 170 kicker Star Gladiator .. | .. 170 Arch Bishop \\ Diameter }}

{{ Diathermy | Diaspora | Diabolical | Diabelli | Diapers | Diamonds | Diabetes}}
if it starts with 'Dia' then it's me. exc. "Diana" itself

Member of Sexxays

User is offline   Arleran 

• Poring
  • Pip
so that means we don't need any agi?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic